Saturday, November 6, 2010

Faith, Family & Friends

Faith...
" Now faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see" Hebrews 11:1


Living a life of faith can be so hard when everything seems to be going wrong. I found out earlier this year that I had been living thinking that nothing was going to get better. I spent my time knowing in my head that God works everything together for the good of those who love Him, but I did not know that in my heart. This summer taught me so much about what faith really means. It's a word I feel is thrown around so much, but it means so much more. Have faith and submit to the Lord and so much can happen. The burdens you were once worried about change and are lifted. When life is surrendered to Him, and we live our lives with faith, there is so much freedom.

Abraham exhibited great faith.
Faith is a shield.
Faith like a child is what God yearns for us to have.
We are justified "made right" through faith.
Faith means we don't have to worry about tomorrow.
In faith we know that with God we can move mountains.

Family...
 
"Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged" Colossians 3:18-21

I love that my family and I get so spend so much time together. I enjoy each and every member of my family! I know that I don't the Lord for them enough. I'm blessed beyond belief and know that they care so much about me. We are all pretty crazy but I love them!


Friends...
"I thank my God every time I remember you" Philippians 1:3


 I have no idea what I would do without my amazing friends. I could talk about them on and on, but I wouldn't have enough time.  They have been an incredible encouragement to me so many times, and I don't deserve it! What amazing impacts they have made in my life. I couldn't ask God for better friends, they are the best.



"Oil and perfume make the heart glad,and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel"
Proverbs 27:9

No comments:

Post a Comment