Thursday, November 4, 2010

D=Dance

I can express who I really am when I dance, but it has not always been that way. 
It used to be something I did because I enjoyed it, but now it's so much more.

Dance is memories...
I started dancing as a toddler, taking ballet and tap.
Oh how I remember some funny moments. I know that I was not the most coordinated little girl, because I remember wearing a Tu-Tu and landing on my "derriere" (as we called it at dance)during a performance.Later I remember being so excited I got to stay at the Civic Center all day because I was in 2 different casts of a dance show. From dippity do to dancing to space cowboy and rock around the clock...from the jungle book to snow white....Lawrenceville School of Ballet was my dance life until 8th grade.

Dancing is cheering a team on....
In high school I was part of colorguard and winterguard. I couldn't leave dance behind, and this was a perfect way to still spend time dancing. Though at times it was a discouraging experience and I felt rejection at times, it was overall an awesome experience. Performing in winterguard competitions was incredible, just getting to put your all into dancing and spinning, to a song that you were also acting to- you knew it inside and out. Colorguard- the environment was so much fun, and performing was exciting and exhilarating. So many memories that I cherish, so many people that have changed my life.




Now dance is freedom, worship,expression,expresses passion,
dance is spinning, turning,
stretching, joyful, sorrowful, graceful...
God has brought me to a place of freedom, where I can worship him through dance. I have gotten to do this in Restoration (a dance performance that Wesley puts on each year). It has opened my eyes and transformed me.
Dance is an expression of passion for my King.
Dance is also an expression of my passion FTK!(For the KIDS!)- ugaMiracle!
Dancing sometimes means to get a little crazy- Phi Slam parties perfectly exhibit this.
Dance means a lot to me, I can't imagine living without the freedom to dance!




No comments:

Post a Comment