Tuesday, November 2, 2010

B=Broad Acres

Eye opening, life changing, impactful.
Just a few words to describe my experience at Broad Acres, the housing community that has transformed my future....
Nothing that I expected at first came true through this experience, but everything that I've needed to see to determine what I want to do in the future I have seen. Not to say everything has been perfect, my heart has hurt so much for these chidlren. I could never imagine growing up as some of them do, with no one really caring about there whereabouts. That is exactly what motivates me to show Christs love to the kids. It's what has created my passion to teach inner city children in the future. It has opened my heart to many thing that seemed foreign at first. My heart now burns for these little boys and girls, some who just need a hug or someone to simply show they care. I want to bring them hope and truth in the Lord.



Christ is my strength. May His light shine through me to all of those children. They are such a blessing to my life, I long to bless them. I love their excitement to see me, their desire for me to stay there. They always want to go home with me and want me to be their mentor-which is the cutest thing ever.
Their hugs are an encouragement.
I love how I get awesome braids in my hair every week.
Tag is a game that can have so many people that are "it".


My experience there each week, spending time playing with children has blessed me beyond belief. I have loved getting to see some of those kids grow up over the past 3 years...
I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment