Thursday, December 16, 2010

A few amazing QUOTES!

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it 'The Present'."
Eleanor Roosevelt
 
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt
 
"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart"
Eleanor Roosevelt
 
"When we work for Christ out of obligation, it feels like work. But when we truly love Christ, our work is a manifestation of that love, and it feels like love." -Francis Chan, Crazy Love
 

"The modern-day gospel says, 'God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Therefore, follow these steps, and you can be saved.' Meanwhile, the biblical gospel says, 'You are an enemy of God, dead in your sin, & in your present state of rebellion, you are not even able to see that you need life, much less to cause yourself to come to life. Therefore, you are radically dependent on God to do something in your life that you could never do." - David Platt, Radical
 
"Give me all of you!!! I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart."
C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity)
 
"...when we love God, we naturally run to Him-frequently and zealously. Jesus didn't command that we have a regular time with Him each day. Rather, He tells us to 'love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' He called this the 'first and greatest commandment' (Matt. 22:37-38). The results are intimate prayer and study of His Word. Our motivation changes from guilt to love."
Francis Chan (Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment